Higher Education Qualifications Programme offered by BCS, The Chartered Institute for IT, offer three modular study levels,
- BCS Certificate in IT (3 Core Modules)
- BCS Diploma in IT (1 Core Module + 3 Optional Modules)
- BCS Professional Graduate Diploma in IT (4 Optional Modules + Professional Project)
each accredited by UK government regulator, the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (OFQUAL), with the higherst examined at degree level.
Recognition in UK
- Certificate in IT is recognized at UK academic level 4
- Diploma in IT with Project is recognized at UK academic level 5 (First two years of a UK degree)
- Professional Graduate Diploma in IT (with professional project) is recognized at UK academic level 6.
Recognition in Sri Lanka
- Tertiary and Vocational Education Commission (TVEC) recognition for BCS Diploma in IT at NVQ 6.
- University Grants Commission recognizes Professional Membership of BCS as an entry qualification for a
Master’s degree in IT.
- University Grants Commission recognizes BCS Professional Graduate Diploma in IT with professional project as an entry qualification for a Master’s degree in Computer Science.
- University Grants Commission recognition recognizes BCS Professional Graduate Diploma
in IT with professional project and a minimum of two years’ post qualification relevant experience as an entry qualification for a Postgraduate Diploma or Master’s Degree.
- ICT sector in Sri Lanka receives a range of tax incentives.
Recognition in Mauritius
- Ministry of Education and Scientific research and Tertiary Education Commission consider HEQ Certificate in IT, Diploma in IT and Professional Graduate Diploma in IT considered equivalent to a first degree in the same subject & All three HEQ levels together with a professional project at PGD level are recognised and considered equivalent to an honours degree.
- Becoming a BCS member is the only requirement to sit for HEQ examinations.
|Fees for BCS||Fees for OpenArc|
|BCS Membership||Full Course Membership £ 30.00 (LKR 8,100.00)* for 4 years
Annual Membership £ 40.00 (LKR 10,800.00)* for 2 years (£ 20.00 per Year)
|Certificate in IT||£ 45.00 x 3 Modules = £ 135.00 (LKR 36,450.00)*||LKR 32,000.00|
|Diploma in IT||£ 50.00 x 4 Modules = £ 200.00 (LKR 54,000.00)*||LKR 42,000.00|
|PGD in IT||£ 90.00 x 4 Modules = £ 360.00 (LKR 97,200.00)*||LKR 52,000.00|
|Professional Project||£ 105.00 (LKR 28,350.00)*||LKR 16,000.00|
|Total||Including Full Course Membership £ 830.00 (LKR 224,100.00)*
Including Annual Course Membership £ 840.00 (LKR 226,800.00)*
|* Assuming Current Exchange Rate £ 1 = LKR 270.00|
Why BCS at OpenArc
- 30 Years of Academic Excellence
- Strong Content Delivery
- Qualified Panel of Lecturers
- Individual Attention
- Past Paper Discussions before Examinations
- Flexible Payment Methods
Registations are Open for April 2022 Examinations
BCS Level 4 - Certificate in IT
Encompassing three core modules, the Level 4 Certificate in IT explores the fundamentals of computer and network technology, processor architecture, operating and information systems, software development, and networks.
BCS Level 5 – Diploma in IT
BCS Level 6 - Professional Graduate Diploma in IT