Industrial Diploma in Software Development (IDSD)
Foundation Programme to Read UoM BIT
This programme is designed after considering the Information and communication industry requirements in order to produce an ‘Industry–ready’ middle level technician in Software development. It also gives a student a firm foundation to commence a degree level academic programme. The senate of University of Moratuwa has recognized IDSD as an entry qualification to read the Bachelor of Information Technology offered by the University of Moratuwa.
- Produce IT professionals with right competencies.
- Help learners with right aptitude & high entry level qualification who do not qualify to enter a university or further studies.
- Certify and open an entry point for learners those who drop out from other courses, through competency based learning methods.
- Provide innovative learning methods for different learners who learn in different ways.
- Give equal weightage for the four components of Competency – KSAP (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics) to make behavioral change in the learner to produce IT practitioners.
Semester I :
- Industrial Information Systems.
- ICT Applications.
- Fundamentals of Programming.
- Computer Hardware and Technology.
- Computer Networking.
- Internet & WWW.
- Object Oriented Programming.
- Introductory Mathematics.
- Business Communication.
- Soft Skills Development.
- Software Project Management.
- Enterprise Application Development.
- Web Application Development.
- Database Management Systems.
- Software Engineering.
- Mobile Application Development.
- Software Testing and Quality Assurance.
- UI,UX Engineering.
- Embedded Software Development.
- Project in Application Development.
Business Communication (Work World Communication).
Soft skills Development.
Course Duration: 1 Year Full Time
No Reviews found for this course.